View Single Post
  #4   Report Post  
Abe

Apparently, even with the lawsuit against Maytag and an agreement in place where they supposedly HAVE TO attempt to fix the
unit at least once as part of the court settlement, they seemingly are grasping at straws looking for excuses to refuse to
honor the settlement.

I had called Maytag's toll free number ( 800 462-9824) and spoke with Supervisor Heather Redd, who in turn talked to Dale
Reader, Director of Consumer Affairs. The Director refused to speak with me!

I explained the problem with it was the same everyone else was having (failed functions associated with a "wax motor" which
burned out components on the circuit board).

It seems all the electronically controlled Neptune units are lemons. Its design is flawed and it stinks - because the door
seal collects mold. Not only that, but there has reportedly been a fix with the circuit board that actually leaves the real
problem in place.

Do I need to see a lawyer and find out if I should exclude myself from this lawsuit? The thought process goes something like
this: I presume it may be easier to get another attorney involved now that the groundwork is done(?). I sure would
appreciate some opinions on this!

In any event, I wrote the court regarding procedure for reporting non-compliance, and also asked the attorneys involved for
the plaintiff to contact me. The deadline is early November.

All I know is I paid next to nothing for the last washing machine (a Kenmore which was over 10 years old) and kept it running
for some 20 odd years with about $40 in repair parts. Now I own one that cost me about the same as 20 used units, and it
appears I would have been better off keeping the old one.

Sorry so sour. Obviously I need to regain my composure and figure out what it's going to take to force Maytag to do the
right thing.

------------------------
Hi there jdworley,

The line length in your posts is set very long - making it necessary
to scroll right to see much of each line of text. Would you please set
your newsreader to wrap lines at 80 characters? It will make reading
your posts much easier. Thanks very much.