Lem Bledsoe

A few months ago I too was looking for a new lathe and the Nova DVR looked
really good on paper. I visited the local Woodcraft store and got a hands on
look a the DVR. I was not impressed, it seemed very light to me and I could
not justify the $900 additional cost of the variable speed motor over the
Nova 3000 lathe. In my opinion there are a lot better lathes on the market
than the DVR and for less money. I bought a Jet 1442 Lathe and have not been
sorry, and It will do anything the DVR will do and for less money. To answer
your question "more importantly,
is it as good and reliable as the press declare it to be?" I personally

don't think so.

If you want to spent in the $2000 range look at a Vicmarc VL200. If you want
to spend in the $900 range, look at the Jet 1442. Bet you won't be sorry if
you buy the Jet.

Just my opinion, hope this helps.

Lem Bledsoe

"charles jones" wrote in message
Hi, I'm thinking of getting another lathe for my workshop and have been
reading reviews on the DVR. It all looks good on paper , but I've yet to

see
or try one. Have any fellow turners out there got one and more

importantly,
is it as good and reliable as the press declare it to be?

Thanks

Charlie

Mr Charlie Jones
Physical and Theoretical Chemistry