Kip055

I haven't
had probems with oil varnish mixes adhereing to areas that I've hit with CA,
either in cases where I sealed before application or not (the latter for

woods
that the CA did not discolor.) May I ask what finish(es) you have observed
this with??

Water based poly, danish oil, cellulose sanding sealer

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

I haven't
had probems with oil varnish mixes adhereing to areas that I've hit with CA,
either in cases where I sealed before application or not (the latter for

woods
that the CA did not discolor.) May I ask what finish(es) you have observed
this with??

Water based poly, danish oil, cellulose sanding sealer

This is kind of interesting. On water pased poly, one can say, OK, solvent
polarity differences. But "danish oil" (the commercial varieties) is probably
a mix of varnish and tung or linseed oil - chemically similar to what I concoct
at home and use pretty much w/o problems. Ditto for "cellulose sanding sealer"
which I am guessing is lacquer based.

Kip Powers
Rogers, AR