IMM

Default which combi?

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 12:17:21 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

You really meet them at trade counters. I once saw near a fight take

place
over a trivial matter of opinion. The aggressive one was one of the Fred
Dibnah likes cast iron types.

His name wouldn't have been Ned Ludd would it?

History paints the wrong picture of Ned. The Luddites were not
anti-advancement. What they were after was a system that would compensate
the 100,000s whose living would be wiped out by the new technology. This
was fair demand and the greedy factory owners, who were making millions, and
were to make even more, would not pay into this pot. The press obviously
sided with the establishment and painted the wrong picture of the Luddites
(nothing new there, and echos of the trade unionists jailed by Thatcher to
save 1,000s of jobs).

Ned Ludd was hanged. A sad and shameful era in our history.

Do you suspect a conspiracy?

A commie plot?

---