mark

You could live *above* a garage. My friend did it that way. Built a two
car garage, finished the upstairs as an apartment, and then built the house
as he could.

"RJ" wrote in message

We were discussing the high cost of housing.
I "brain-stormed"....
Buy a lot, have a ( 4 car? ) garage erected on it.
Live in that !

First response was; "You'd never get an Occupancy Permit".

I realize you'd need a sink, toilet.... electric service.
Much else ?
Hell... we do with a helluva lot less out camping.

What is this "Occupancy Permit" ?
Could a township require certain minimal living amenities ?
Could it extend to windows ? heating ? etc. etc...

Could you live in a garage ?
rj