James Hart

Mike Mitchell wrote:
On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 12:30:43 +0100, John Laird
wrote:

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 11:01:27 +0100, "Bob"
wrote:

A lot of the people I've seen on that show have only made money
because house prices have risen while they've been doing it up. In
some cases they'd have been better of doing nothing to it at all,
leaving it unlet and just selling it a year later.

Exactly the conclusion I came to while idly perusing the first
series. Especially as, in a rising market, unimproved properties
will still sell.

[Anyone know what the time lag is between filming and airing these
sort of programmes ? Whenever I watch one of the relocation ones, I
am bewildered by the prices which sometimes seem to be so low as to
be unreal at times.]

I thought the same when they said they'd paid £35K for that property
in Lincs. I'm currently looking for properties in Lincs and you've got
to pay around £135K for a detached 2-bed bungalow. Even a terraced
property seems to be a lot more than £35K! Mind you, that property was
in a bit of a state, wasn't it?

That one was done over a winter, I'd assume 03-04 but the prices would seem
to indicate a year or 2 further back. Must make a note of passing number
plates in the next one to judge the age.

They introduced the issue of the skip and then rapidly brushed over it,
surely even the skip people must have mentioned permits/lights/cones at some
stage.

--
James...
www.jameshart.co.uk