Andrew Barss

bob peterson wrote:

: Kerry came close to telling the truth about what he really believes
: when he said US action has to pass a "global test". He has always
: believed that the US should not use force in its national intersts
: without permission from the UN

If you look at Kerry's quote in context, it's very clear that

a) he used "global" in the sense of "comprehensive", not "worldwide".
(You can look it up in a dictionary if you need to).

b) He said quite explicitly, and I quote:

"I will never cede America's security to any institution or any other
country".

which makes your statement above about the UN either a befuddled mistake
or a partisan lie.

-- Andy Barss