SQLit

"RJ" wrote in message

We were discussing the high cost of housing.
I "brain-stormed"....
Buy a lot, have a ( 4 car? ) garage erected on it.
Live in that !

First response was; "You'd never get an Occupancy Permit".

I realize you'd need a sink, toilet.... electric service.
Much else ?
Hell... we do with a helluva lot less out camping.

What is this "Occupancy Permit" ?
Could a township require certain minimal living amenities ?
Could it extend to windows ? heating ? etc. etc...

Could you live in a garage ?
rj

Better look into local laws before you try this. Years ago people would
build basements and then move in. Mostly rural Midwestern places outside of
city jurisdictions.
Electric service will not be much of a trick. Most utilities will set an
service at the drop of a hat. Here abouts your required to have automatic
heating and cooling. No wood burning fireplaces as a primary source. The
biggest stick that they have is the plumbing issue.

---