Richard Savage

Set Square wrote:

Maybe it *can* look ok. But, for an example of how *not* to do it, take a
look at:
http://www.hampton-magna.freeserve.c...y_doorways.JPG

[I took this picture in an otherwise nicely appointed holiday property in
Cornwall which we rented a year or two ago].

Could almost be my kitchen! Previous owners laid an imitation wood
floor, which seems to be made of cardboard judging from it's affection
for water, to 'enhance' the saleability of the property - pleased me
because I knew that I was ripping the kitchen out. Anyway they did it
_so_ badly that they had to take the top of the washing machine before
it would fit back under the worksurface. Arrrrgh.

Unfortunately soon after moving in I told my new neighbour about the
'horrible kitchen floor' only for him to tell me that he laid it!

Richard