William Wilson

Pat Barber wrote in message ...
Did you clean the top completely before you applied
the TopCote ??? I live on a salt creek and 3 miles
from the ocean and Topcote works fine on all my tools.

Johnson's paste wax left unbuffed is going to be a
sticky mess.

Not sure exactly how the top should be cleaned (VERY new at this).
After unpacking the saw, I wiped it down about 3-4 times with
kerosene, wiped it a couple of times with with clean paper towels,
then applied the TopCote. Like I said before, with all the positive
feedback on the product, I'm pretty sure it's me, not the product.

As for not buffing the wax, yep, I found that out. I tried buffing it
after I saw the mess, but that did no good, so I took a scrap of stock
and ran it across the surface for a few mins. Smoothed out the
finish, and it seems to be working well...no rust, nice slick top.
When it comes time to reapply, I'll definately remember to buff!!!

Oh well, I guess this is part of the fun...trying something that you
THINK will work, then going back and doing it correctly!! ;-) Maybe
next time I should just LISTEN to the sage advice offered here!!

Trace