Thomas G. Marshall

Default D-Cell mAh: lithium vs NiMH vs regular alkaline

Questions.

1. I've found online a NiMH D-Cell boasting 11,000 mAh for $9. Can that be
true?

2. The few Li-ion in D-Cell config I've found have pathetic milli amp hours.
Are there any that will last a long time in something like, oh, a baby swing
and/or flashlite?

3. I know that the unused shelf-life of NiMH and cads are pretty bad. But
what of the lithiums? This is important because I'm interested in
flashlight usages too.

Are there any good pointers to D-Cell rechargables (not the old zincs or
lead-acid's)?

Inteded uses:

Baby swing
Flashlights
Radio

4. I know that a regular D-cell (and others) are 1.5 V. Is there a "under
load" consideration that changes specifications for that? What are the amps
of such things. I understand the concepts of volts, amps, amphours, etc.,
but do not understand them as they relate to batteries. Furthermore I've
read that the rechargables typically don't quite reach the 1.5 voltage.

Thanks!

--
Everythinginlifeisrealative.Apingpongballseemssmal luntilsomeoneramsitupyournose.