Chuck

On 07 Oct 2004 03:16:48 GMT, (Kip055) wrote:

I am turning a red oak bowl and have several cracks that have developed.
What is the best way to repair this?

As an alternate,
pack the crack with the stone or whateve and drip on thin CA glue. CA stains
some woods,(I don't know about red oak), test on scrap and if it stains, seal
the area around the crack with Deft or a similar product befor you inlay the
crack

Even worse than the staining of the wood, CA is so thin that it wicks
a lot further into the wood than the crack, and effectively seals the
wood and prevents it from taking finish, stain or anything else.

As for locating the "powdered stone", you pretty much have to powder
it yourself, which there is another thread about, somewhere on here.

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

September 11, 2001 - Never Forget