James Owens

willshak ) writes:

As someone else snarkily suggested, the heated, insulated basement should
warm the floor as the heat rises. If the floors are cold, something else
is going on. The heat in the basement is going somewhere it's not
supposed to, or the hardwood floors are somehow exposed to heat loss from
somewhere else, or both.

I don't know what 'snarkily' means. Is that a British usage? I only
suggested that the OP use common sense. If snarkily means common sense,
then I apologize.

"Snarky" is one of those self-explanatory words because of its resemblance
to others ("snicker," "snarl"), but you can find dictionary definitions
via Google. It doesn't mean "common sense." It would be snarky of me to
question your apology so phrased, and if you didn't mean to be snarky,
then I apologize for suggesting that you meant to be.

--
"For it is only of the new one grows tired. Of the old one never tires."
-- Kierkegaard, _Repetition_

James Owens, Ottawa, Canada