Set Square

Mil wrote:

Hi,

I put down a laminate floor in my lounge last week, and, in preference
to using edging strips, I took the skirting board off the wall. I'm
really pleased with the result, with the exception of the small areas
around the door frames. Can I buy a filler of some kind to fill these
small areas? If so, any idea where from (in the UK)?

cheers,

mil.

The idea is to chop a little bit off the bottom of your door frames and
architraves, and slide the laminate underneath. I assume you didn't do that?

I presume that you have left an expansion gap round the frames, which you
wish to hide? You can get some strips of cork to put round wooden flooring
to allow for expansion without actually having a gap. You may be able to use
some of this - but it will probably be a bit thicker than the laminate.

The thing to avoid if at all possible is covering the gap with beading - it
looks horrible!
--
Cheers,
Set Square