Dave Plowman

Default What cable to use for audio (phono) diy connections?

In article ,
Owain wrote:
Hopefully one not used for telephone lines!

Actually, you can shove line-level audio down phone cable quite well
provided that it's twisted-pair and you get the pairs right.

You can with video as well. ;-)

Ordinary telephone pair was used for distributing the signal to radio
transmitters for years before digital came along, and a carefully
equalised line was capable of giving excellent results over many, many
miles.

I use telephone cable in my place to distribute audio - I've got 10
circuits in one cable, non of them screened, and the results are
excellent. But it's a balanced system.

--
*Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn