Fred Holder

Hello Charlie,

I've had a Nova DVR 3000 for two years now. It doesn't get heavy production
turner type of use in my shop, but it has done everything that I've wanted it to
do. I had a Nova 3000 for about four years before getting the DVR. I had built
the wooden stand in the manual with some exceptions: I used 2x6 stock, I built a
box in the base and filled it with iron scrap, I made the top from two 2x6's
that were spaced apart a bit to allow the chips to fall through.

I believe that the Nova DVR 3000 is the best buy for the money on the market, it
may not be the best lathe, but it is the best lathe for under $2000.

It will take a bit of adjusting to if you've had a lathe with variable speed
that changes with a twist of a knob, but you soon adjust to it. It has a nice
feature, a big catch will cause it to shut down and therefore do less damage to
your project in process.

Fred Holder
http://www.fholder.com/

In article , charles jones says...

Hi, I'm thinking of getting another lathe for my workshop and have been
reading reviews on the DVR. It all looks good on paper , but I've yet to see
or try one. Have any fellow turners out there got one and more importantly,
is it as good and reliable as the press declare it to be?

Thanks

Charlie

Mr Charlie Jones
Physical and Theoretical Chemistry