Greg S

Most heavy condensation caused by dishwashers is from the drying
cycle. There is normally a vent on the dishwasher that opens during
the drying cycle to allow the humidity to escape so the dishes will
dry.

This can be eliminated by setting your dishwasher on energy saver, or
air dry mode. The dishes will take longer to dry, but you should
eliminate most of the condensation.

It's also possible that the mechanism for opening your exhaust vent on
the dishwasher is malfunctioning in the open position which will not
only humidify your house, but decrease your washing efficiency and use
more energy by allowing the heat and humidity to escape from the tub
during the wash cycle.

Hope this helps!

"Steven D. Litvintchouk" wrote in message link.net...
Hi all,
I work hard at eliminating causes of window condensation--always run the
fan in the shower, etc.

But there's one problem I haven't solved--excessive condensation on
windows caused by running the dishwasher. Every single time I run the
dishwasher after dinner, I find a lot of moisture on the windows--so
much that the window sill gets wet. I want to stop that before the sill
rots and gets moldy. It's not a portable dishwasher, so I can't move it
to a better location.

Any ideas?