willshak

James Owens wrote:

) writes:

Hi,
I am having a problem with cold floors. I live in a bungalow and have
hardwood floors, the "unfinished" basement walls are insulated and the area
is heated...can I insulate the ceiling of the basement without causing any
problems?? Will this solve my cold floor problem upstairs??

As someone else snarkily suggested, the heated, insulated basement should
warm the floor as the heat rises. If the floors are cold, something else
is going on. The heat in the basement is going somewhere it's not
supposed to, or the hardwood floors are somehow exposed to heat loss from
somewhere else, or both.

I don't know what 'snarkily' means. Is that a British usage? I only
suggested that the OP use common sense. If snarkily means common sense,
then I apologize.