Slowhand

"Billy Smith" wrote in message
news
I'm looking for a good paste wax to use on my cast-iron
table saw top. I found a thread from a couple years ago
that said that Johnson's paste wax was the best, but is
no longer manufactured. A specialty product called TopCote
works but is expensive.

I started to buy some Turtle Wax today but stopped because
the directions said to apply it with a wet rag (rust hazard).

Anybody have a recommendation for a good, readily
available wax for this purpose?

I use Johnsons paste wax. And yes, it is still available. I've used it for
years. I have never had the urge to use anything else. And at $5 and
change a can, it won't leave you short on soup for the family. I've had the
same can for about 2 years now and prolly have another year left. When I
first started applying it, I probably applied it every cuppla months or so.
Now I just apply it every six months or so. Highly recommend.
SH