J T

1) Use a double switch, it takes a standard sized outlet plate cover.
Probably even get one with one switch and one timer (assuming you want a
timer for the fan) if you look hard enough. Here's a neat option:

http://www.rewci.com/fandetisw.html

Or if you decide to proceed..

2) Rotozips work fantastically well for cutting WALL tiles of the sort
typically used in a bathroom. I marvelled at the beautiful holes I created
to allow passage for plumbing pipes when tiling a bathroom in my house. Just
get a rotozip or dremel tile cutting bit, and practice on a piece of tile
first to get the feel.

However, don't even think about cutting floor tiles with one. The tile will
destroy your bit before you get 1/4 inch into it.

"Kyle Boatright" wrote in message
I have a tiled bathroom which has a single switch for the light. I'm
installing an overhead light and a fart fan, and need to add a bigger

switch
box. The problem is the box would be in a tiled area, and I can't just

rip
out a couple of tiles and cut new ones to fit (I don't have any matching
tile).

So, would a rotozip or equivalent work to neatly enlarge the existing

hole
through the tile.

Is there a better way to do this? (Remember, I don't have any spare tile,
nor do I know what grout was used when the tile was installed).

Thanks in advance...

KB