RonB

I didn't read all of the responses so forgive if this is repetitive.

I use a non-silicon product called Slipit. It is a contact lubricant but
works well on metal tables and does not leave a residue. It come is both
paste and spray form and the salesman at the Grizzly store recomended paste
for durability. You brush the gooey paste on with a brush, then wipe it off
with a rag. Sounds messy but not that bad. The lubricant also frees up
your miter gages and if your fence rides on the table it will slide more
smoothly for a while.

A can of paste is available through Grizzly for about $10. I have had a can
for about 2-1/2 years and use it on everything 4-5 times a year and have
used less than 1/4 of the content. It might be available other places too.

Ron