Leon

"William Wilson" wrote in message
om...
"Bob" wrote in message
ink.net...

I have to admit that I tried TopCote for the first time, here in FL,
and I'm having problems with it as well. First I applied a coat and
wiped off...found rust the next day. Tried again with the same
results. Posted a message here and got a suggestion to put it on but
not wipe it off. Tried that, too. After applying two coats & not
wiping off, was working near the saw, and a couple of drops of sweat
fell on the table top. I figured it should be fine, but 20 mins later
when I looked back, the drops of sweat had rusted the table.

While nothing is perfect, salt water is pretty corrosive. I am not sure
anything is going to protect against standing salt water. I believe that
most of the protective products are more aimed at constant humid conditions
that cause large areas of rust.