Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Aidan wrote:
If you take the trouble to read the 'feuds', plenty of good information
comes out of them.
A word of advice. Learn how to use a killfile.

Why, thank you, kind sir, for your wise and avuncular advice.

You're very welcome. It comes from years of experience in reading
newsgroups. Experience can sometimes be useful. And you'll find it's the
way of all newsgroups. They always drift off topic in one way or another.

I do not want to read the feuds, they are not relevant. I do not want
to know what a killfile is.

Then you should. That's what it's there for - to remove people you don't
want to read.

I did want to know peoples' opinions on
push-fit plumbing; that is why I was reading a thread entitled
'Push-fit Plumbing - any good?'

I I I. What about the rights of others? What makes you think what you want
to read is more important than what others want to write?

There were about 66 threads. Were they all about push-fit plumbing?
No. The feud kicked off at about post No.8, and it is still
continuing, something along the lines of;

Nah!

Nah!!

Nah nah na-na-Nahhh!

etc., etc., ad nauseam. The OP has probably long since cleared off.

So what? It's not an individual service for him.

They have ruined this thread. They are ruining this newsgroup. I do
not want to sift through this garbage to read the occasional posts
which are on topic.

This newsgroup appears as healthy as any, judging by the number of posts.

It's not a newspaper you pay for so have some justification in complaining
about. The contributors don't get paid - and you don't pay them for their
help.

--
*Why do overlook and oversee mean opposite things?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.