Owen Lowe

In article , "George" george@least
wrote:

You should use the leveling sandpaper with some sort of backing to spread
the pressure to bridge minor defects, and some lube to keep the "bite"
constant.

Right. I'd suggest Darren pick up a book on auto finishing. The final
sanding prior to buffing levels the surface to a glass smooth finish.
For lacquer finishes I use grits on the order of 800-1500 with soapy
water acting as a lubricant. Be extra careful at the edges. Epoxy
behaves similarly to lacquer; make sure both are *fully* cured - I wait
at least 30 days before "color sanding," as it's called.