Swingman

"Billy Smith" wrote in message
I'm looking for a good paste wax to use on my cast-iron
table saw top. I found a thread from a couple years ago
that said that Johnson's paste wax was the best, but is
no longer manufactured. A specialty product called TopCote
works but is expensive.

I started to buy some Turtle Wax today but stopped because
the directions said to apply it with a wet rag (rust hazard).

A better to reason to not use a car polish is that it may contain silicone
and you don't want that in your shop.

Anybody have a recommendation for a good, readily
available wax for this purpose?

You can still buy JPW here at the BORG.

Try TopCote ... it is more expensive, but works better and lasts longer.
Available at just about any woodworking supply sto Rockler, WoodCraft,
Cutting Edge,. Porter Cable stores, and many places that supply cabinet
parts and hardware to the trades.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/04/04