Swingman

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message

Hey Swingman - what is the new plastic product you're refering to?

Sorry, Mike ... I am having a devil of a time remembering the name of the
stuff. It looks like plastic 1X2 with holes drilled through the width. You
cut and install beween the furring strips, at the bottom of the first course
of siding so insects can't get in the cavity.

I first used it a couple of years ago and will try to find an old invoice
with the name on it ... might take a day or so. I ordered from a place here
in Houston that caters to builders and specializes in moldings, wood and
building materials you can't generally find at lumber yards or the BORGS

ITMT, until I locate that invoice, maybe the following will lead you to the
product:

Fine Homebuilding - February/March 2001 - #137

RAIN-SCREEN WALLS: A BETTER WAY TO INSTALL SIDING
by Mark Averill Snyder
"Spacing siding away from housewrap promotes ventilation and drainage for
long-lasting siding and paint."

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/04/04