G&M

"Roly" wrote in message
om...
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

In article ,
N. Thornton wrote:
Its with TLC I'm getting the lights, so thats brilliant!!!

Thanks for you help, both of you.

its unlikely youd need a relay. The current consumption of the lights
is almost certain to be below the cookerhood switch rating.

I'm not so sure - florries are an inductive load. Some of the switches
I've seen used for this look barely adequate for the existing tiny load.

Interestingly enough, somebody has asked me to do a job pretty much
like this one.

I considered using the lamp switch within the cooker hood to operate
some small lamps.

How can I tell if the switch is suitably rated to handle another
20-50W of halogen lighting via a transformer ?

If you mean a real transformer rather than an electronic one, it most
probably isn't. Transformers have nasty surges on turn on unless you fit an
thermistor to ramp it on.