Larry Jaques

On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 02:25:42 GMT, "Lew Hodgett"
calmly ranted:

After last week's debate, I understand why some identify our president by
using an nickname, "Shrub".

What else would you call a small Bush?

It would seem to fit.

Indubitably.

I turned off the debate when they started talking about
"Making America Secure" as if they were interested...

I did love Kerry's statement about the totally uninspected
cargo areas vs. the overly-inspected person/baggage area
on any given passenger flight. One in 25 or 50 is frisked
which means 24-49 in 50 _could_ be carrying weapons.

I couldn't carry my 1-1/2" pocket knife on board but waltzed
right past all the security guards with a 9" sharpened weapon
(a pencil) sticking out of my shirt pocket. One DHS guard's
eyes were within 18" of my weapon at one point and he didn't
say a word. Who's kidding whom about security on flights?

--
Strong like ox, smart like tractor.