Greg G.

Leon said:

Greg G. wrote in message
.. .
Leon said:

For a few
dollars more the builders are using Hardi plank and board and not having
worry about what the house is going to look like in a few years.

That's good to know, as I'm hanging 4000 sq. ft. of Hardi-Plank as we
speak- replacing that "fine" GP hardboard lap siding- cheap *******s!

I have replaced probably 1/3 of the siding on my house that was built 20
years ago with Hardiplank. It is doing very well. I replaced it 4 or 5
years ago. I am also finishing up on a storage shed that is 99% Hardi.
I was able to get Masonite to pay for a lot of the cost.

We missed the window of opportunity on the GP law suit, and they
probably wouldn't have covered it anyway due to the "builder's"
improper installation technique. It's all out of pocket for us!
Ugghh...

Greg G.