Swingman

Greg G. wrote in message
Leon said:

For a few
dollars more the builders are using Hardi plank and board and not having

worry about what the house is going to look like in a few years.

That's good to know, as I'm hanging 4000 sq. ft. of Hardi-Plank as we
speak- replacing that "fine" GP hardboard lap siding- cheap *******s!

You'll be glad you did. I've got one (New Orleans style) going up now that's
spec'ed for Hardi-Plank siding ... I've also got it on my current home.
Brick, stucco and Hardi-Plank are all you see anymore around here in
Houston.

Hardi-Plank is hard to trim with, and, depending upon the sheathing, often
hard to blind nail without waving a bit, but those are minor issues, easily
overcome with experience. Hardi also makes a backer board that's much better
for wet areas, behind showers, etc ... an excellent replacement for
greenboard which, being a cellulose base, will often grow the dreaded (gasp)
mmmooouullddd.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/04/04