Peter Hucker

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 14:38:18 GMT, Dyno Mutt wrote:

Peter Hucker wrote in opsfa8nsemaiowgp@blue:

On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 15:29:10 GMT, Dyno Mutt

wrote:

Peter Hucker wrote in
:

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 21:19:10 GMT, Dyno Mutt

wrote:

Make sure your plumbing matches the holes before you put it in.
Most modern bathtubs have the faucets *above* the tub itself, as
opposed
to fitting *on* the tub.
If its the old fashioned kind you should have room to get your hand
under
the tub. Ive never seen an old "clawfoot" tub that mounted flush

with
the
wall.

The trouble was I was replacing a broken plastic bath with an old

cast
iron one. A few problems:

1) A Ford Sierra dislike the wieght of a cast iron bath.
2) Druring transit the damn thing shifted off the lip at the back of

the
car boot (it was a hatchback), making it ****ing impossible to get

out.
3) It was too big to steer round the hallway.
4) The house it came from had a wooden shelf behind the bath

(presumably
so you could get to the tap workings underneath) - mine doesn't.
5) The plumbing was all different diameters of pipe, and every
combination of connectors I tried would not position the drain pipe to
match with the drain of the house - I ended up using a flexible drain
hose.

You used a compact car to haul a bathtub?!!?

I used the only car I had at the time. Didn't realise the bath was

quite so heavy! guy lived in a place without a proper road, I had to
drive down a kerb at one point, suspension went THUD!

I used to use my celica off-roading...

Posh git!

Oy!
You're supposed to measure all the openings and fit the plumbing

*before*
you install the bathtub...eveything over here is copper pipe and

solder
joints.
FYI
HTH

Planning? Don't be absurd! Anyway it was a second hand one in the

paper for a tenner.

You blatherskite!

A what?

You can still make the adjustments *before* you install it.

The guy was tearing his place apart to completely redo it. I don't think he wanting me asking measurements beforehand.

--
*****TWO BABY CONURES***** 16 parrots and increasing http://www.petersparrots.com
93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com

I got into trouble on my last date.