CharleyT

Default Mitsubishi CK-3527R Image Collapsed

Received this TV from a person who said it had problems at times. I worked
on projectors (Sony, Barco and Hughes Aircraft) back in the early 90s, and
hoped, with some input from others, I might be able to get this unit
working. The person who had it said that at times it would collapse down
to a single horizontal line.
I have had the unit approx. 2 weeks. What I noticed until today was (when
the unit was first turned):
Some fold-over on the screen top (about 5% - 10% image fold)
Extreme brightness (you could still read the screen, but it was overly
bright).

Both of these would gradually correct themselves within 2-3 minutes, and
the TV would run just fine.

Today, sadly, the collapse monster hit me. So now, when turned on, I
either see:
A much collapsed picture (about 25% of the full screen, dead centered on
the CRT).
Or an extremely collapsed image (maybe 5% of the full screen).

Any help or schemos would be greatly appreciated.

Charley