CharleyT

Default Mitsubishi CK-3527R Image Collapsed

Received this TV from a person who said it had problems at times. I worked
on projectors (Sony, Barco and Hughes Aircraft) back in the early 90s, and
hoped, with some input from others, I might be able to get this unit
working. The person who had it said that at times it would collapse down
to a single horizontal line.
I have had the unit approx. 2 weeks. What I noticed until today was (when
the unit was first turned):
Some fold-over on the screen top (about 5% - 10% image fold)
Extreme brightness (you could still read the screen, but it was overly
bright).

Both of these would gradually correct themselves within 2-3 minutes, and
the TV would run just fine.

Today, sadly, the collapse monster hit me. So now, when turned on, I
either see:
A much collapsed picture (about 25% of the full screen, dead centered on
the CRT).
Or an extremely collapsed image (maybe 5% of the full screen).

Any help or schemos would be greatly appreciated.

Charley

David

You need to ESR test the capacitors in the vertical circuit for the
initial foldover problems, especially the pump up capacitor on the
vertical output. The total loss of vertical could be related to the
output running hot due to a couple/few weak capacitors in the vertical
circuit or failing solder connections in the vertical circuit.

David