Lee Gordon

Charlie ...

Yeah, well, now we have the reason for my not watching right there. There
is no
possible way that a $679,000 fixer-upper is going to impinge on my
lifestyle,
so WTF is the point of watching. The costs on the first shows were at least
semi-rational, if beyond the capability of most of us 25 years ago. The
current
line up of homes being refurbed is not related to any reality I'll ever
know,
unless The Donald drops dead and leaves me a couple hundred mil. In which
case,
I'll buy a house around here, anyway, for under a half mil, ready to go.

In the current 25th anniversary issue of TOH magazine they have an article
on the "25 Tools & materials that are revolutionizing the way we renovate
our homes." With it there is a sidebar called "5 Things that have
changed -- for the worse." Oddly, number 4 is "McMansionitis." Editorially
they slam what they refer to as "behemoths" yet they have such a long
history of revering them.

Lee