Charlie Self

John Doe responds:

The first house only cost $18,000. Drama was a lot cheaper in 1979.

Yeah, well, now we have the reason for my not watching right there.
There is no possible way that a $679,000 fixer-upper is going to
impinge on my lifestyle...

I live a few towns away from that. Around here, $679,000 buys you
maybe a modest 1200 square foot house on a tiny lot.

For local conditions, it might end up quite the bargain.

Gotta be Calif. Some time ago, I was told my small house and 2 acres would be
worth upwards of a quarter mil out there. Maybe 10-12 years ago. Given
inflation, god alone knows now, I guess, but 100K is pushing it here, except
for the 25' x 48' shop my wife and I built.

Charlie Self
"Politics, n. Strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles."
Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary