Edwin Pawlowski

"Charlie Self" wrote in message

Yeah, well, now we have the reason for my not watching right there. There
is no
possible way that a $679,000 fixer-upper is going to impinge on my
lifestyle,
so WTF is the point of watching. The costs on the first shows were at
least
semi-rational, if beyond the capability of most of us 25 years ago. The
current
line up of homes being refurbed is not related to any reality I'll ever
know,

They changed direction a long time ago. From a real "how-to" show to an
advertising medium to showcase new products that Joe Sixpack will never
afford to have in his house. My guess is that is what the PBS members like
so the show if being fine tuned to suit them.

The Ask TOH show still has a bit of reality that most of us can relate to.
Ed