Mark L.

I too think that some of the projects tend to run on the absurd side,
budget-wise. I am honestly tired of seeing the guys going to (insert
far away exotic locale here) to hand-pick hand-painted tiles for a back
splash. What's next, Norm explains "The ball bearings in these full
extension drawer slides were manufactured on the International Space
Station just for TOH, so we are sure they are perfectly round"?

But I do admit to copying/using an idea of theirs once in a while.
Sometimes I like a lamp style, deck material, etc. And the contractors
they use definitely are not hacks. They build correctly and heavy duty,
which I like.

IIRC, the explanation behind TOH was mainly to be a guide on how to
have a contractor do the work on your house. You know, what questions to
ask during the selection process, how the work should be done, etc. But
overall, I prefer Hometime over TOH, if I had to choose to watch only
one show.

Hey, at least we have a lot of choices.... Could be worse.
Mark L.

Tom Watson wrote:
Posted on Sun, Oct. 03, 2004

On the House | 'TOH' may need work, but it still looks good

By Al Heavens

Inquirer Columnist

I do think they also need to engage in more lower-end, everyday
renovation projects.