Daniel

Would a DMT monocrystalline stone (10in duosharp coarse?) last long
flattening a Shapton stone? (I realize the DRLP is itself a
diamond-bonded stone, but there still may be something special that
Shapton does to make it suitable for its stones.)

Thanks for your comments, Steve.

Steve Knight wrote:
On 1 Oct 2004 09:31:18 -0700, (Daniel) wrote:
I realize the Shapton sharpening stones last/stay flat a gazillion
times longer than regular waterstones. So they must be really
resistant to wear, right?

the problem is they wear everything else out pretty fast. When I first got them
I used drywall screen. I would get maybe at most two flattening out of a sheet.
if you can get a flat metal plate you can then just use the grit to do it. that
would be a cheap way.