robert horsey

Default wiring light swiches

I have a single switch down which controls a light near the front door it
also can be switched on or of by a double switch upstairs at the moment if
you have the upstairs switch in one position you cant switch the light on or
off. I also have another single switch down stairs which controls the light
at the top of the stairs. that is also controlled by the double switch
upstairs with that one the light only comes on by using the down stairs
switch. this all came about when I tried to replace the switches. before I
started I wrote down the way the switches were wired but I seem to have gone
wrong somewhere .
is there some where I can get a wiring diagram or can someone explain where
I have gone wrong