Larry Jaques

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 05:25:02 GMT, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"
calmly ranted:

Joseph Connors wrote:
From your story, it sounds like the dog did not attack anyone. I understand
being prepared to defend yourself and others, but if it were my dog
(unlikely since I keep mine inside always) and you killed him just because
you thought that he was a danger, it would be you that "would have been
hauled off in a bag!"
A dog, like anyone else, doesn't deserve to be shot for what he MIGHT do!

If an aggressive pit bull comes charging at me, I'm not going to feel bad about
killing it. If you own one, you have a responsibility to keep it safe. That
does not include allowing it to run free.

I will defend myself... against man or beast... if I have to. Somebody else can
wait to be chewed up. I won't.

Amen to that. I'm not sure which is more aggressive, loose dog owners
or their loose dogs. I'll tolerate neither in my yard, TYVM.

* OPERA: A Latin word * Wondrous Website Design
* meaning * Save your Heirloom Photos
* "death by music" * http://www.diversify.com