Prometheus

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 23:00:41 -0400, "firstjois"
wrote:

Searcher wrote:
A dog here almost became filled with lead today, I was out in my
yard with my 3 year old son, doing a little yard work. Luckily, my
siter in law was close to my son when from around the garage came a
pit bull at full charge. After my siter in law grabbed up my son the
dog took off after another couple walking thier dog, it was then
that I retrieved my .44 with every intention of dispatching that
animal. The dog was still roaming as I was cleaning up our garden
tools and I was ready. I saw the dog take off after another person
walking his dog. I kept cleaning up and went in. I have not seen
that dog before or again. But if that dog had come near my yard it
would have been hauled off in a bag!

Searcher1

Did you call police? Someone is going to have to deal with that dog.

It might be different where you are, but I had a neighbor about three
years ago who had a pit-bull that they allowed to run free in the
area. The thing actually had the gall to come right into my garage
where I was working and start growling at me, until I ran the thing
out with a shovel and got the door closed. There were numerous
occasions like that, and the dog was always agressive. But when I
called Animal control and the local PD, they said they couldn't do
anything about it because it hadn't actually bit anyone yet.

The sad thing is- if a pit bull bites, it often needs to be killed to
make it release it's grip, and they do huge amounts of physical damage
to the person being bit, sometimes killing the person they attack.
Waiting until they bite someone seems like a bad policy decision, IMO!