Searcher

I see what you mean, But from my point of view (at the time) that dog was
making a bee line at my child. When the dog was coming at him I did not have
my gun. I think that if that other couple had not been there, the dogs
attention would have still been on my son. My child was ushered into the
house while I finished cleaning up. I had the gun for my protection at that
point. I most certainly would not have shot the dog just for coming near my
yard, it would have to have been showing aggression toward me.

Searcher1

"Joseph Connors" wrote in message
From your story, it sounds like the dog did not attack anyone. I
understand
being prepared to defend yourself and others, but if it were my dog
(unlikely since I keep mine inside always) and you killed him just because
you thought that he was a danger, it would be you that "would have been
hauled off in a bag!"
A dog, like anyone else, doesn't deserve to be shot for what he MIGHT do!

"Searcher" wrote in message
A dog here almost became filled with lead today, I was out in my yard
with
my 3 year old son, doing a little yard work. Luckily, my siter in law was
close to my son when from around the garage came a pit bull at full

charge.
After my siter in law grabbed up my son the dog took off after another
couple walking thier dog, it was then that I retrieved my .44 with every
intention of dispatching that animal. The dog was still roaming as I was
cleaning up our garden tools and I was ready. I saw the dog take off
after
another person walking his dog. I kept cleaning up and went in. I have
not
seen that dog before or again. But if that dog had come near my yard it