Peter Hucker

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 21:19:10 GMT, Dyno Mutt wrote:

Peter Hucker wrote in
:

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 21:54:34 GMT, Dyno Mutt

wrote:

Peter Hucker wrote in
:

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 21:35:27 +0100, Tinkerbell
wrote:

No, and dunno.

Don't, and it's ****ing impossible.

Im an unlicensed plumber!!!First, rip out the wall board, then use a
cutting torch to remove the offending fixtures.
HTH
Are you trying to install a sink in a vanity or trying to fit new

faucets
on a bathtub?

I was putting a new bath in to replace an old one.

Make sure your plumbing matches the holes before you put it in.
Most modern bathtubs have the faucets *above* the tub itself, as opposed
to fitting *on* the tub.
If its the old fashioned kind you should have room to get your hand under
the tub. Ive never seen an old "clawfoot" tub that mounted flush with the
wall.

The trouble was I was replacing a broken plastic bath with an old cast iron one. A few problems:

1) A Ford Sierra dislike the wieght of a cast iron bath.
2) Druring transit the damn thing shifted off the lip at the back of the car boot (it was a hatchback), making it ****ing impossible to get out.
3) It was too big to steer round the hallway.
4) The house it came from had a wooden shelf behind the bath (presumably so you could get to the tap workings underneath) - mine doesn't.
5) The plumbing was all different diameters of pipe, and every combination of connectors I tried would not position the drain pipe to match with the drain of the house - I ended up using a flexible drain hose.

--
*****TWO BABY CONURES***** 16 parrots and increasing http://www.petersparrots.com
93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com

I never would have married you if I knew how stupid you were!" shouted the woman to her husband.
The husband replied, "You should've known how stupid I was the minute I asked you to marry me!"