Grunff

Lobster wrote:

Oh bummer... really?

I fitted one last week as it happens (not with an inline fan), using about
2.5m of 100mm ducting on a standard hood, cos I couldn't find anything
wider.

Am I screwed? (no power yet, so haven't tested the setup)

It'll work, but you'd get higher flow rate with bigger duct area. All
depends on whether it is adequate for your needs.

A 100mm duct has an area of 7,850mm^2. A 125mm duct has an area of
12,265mm^2. A 150mm duct has an area of 17,660mm^2. Makes a big
fifference to the frictional losses, especially round bends.

--
Grunff