SQLit

"KZ" wrote in message
I've got a Jenn Air stove with a downdraft fan vented to the outside. In
the winter, cold air seeps in from the outside (I do have a louver mounted
on the outside wall). Sometimes when it's really cold you can freeze a
small drop of water on the stovetop. I usually need to put a dishtowel

over
the vent which helps a bit.

The Jenn Air website suggests installing something called a 'thermal

break'
which is described as a non-metallic (so as not to conduct heat) piece in
the air duct as close as possible to the outside. No one at my local

stores
has ever heard of this device.

Does anyone out there know what this looks like and possible where else I
could find one?

Thanks in advance!
KZ

A thermal break is probably just a piece of pvc in the run to stop the
transference of heat/cold. You probably need an new damper outside. The
damper on my exhaust fan does not work very well especially in windy
weather. I live in a pretty temperate climate so I am not going to do
anything about it.

---