George

Selling at work is a thinker, too. I couldn't bring myself to ask money,
except when my co-workers were buying to give as gifts. Used to bring in a
bowl filled with wrapped candy or a plate loaded with cookies for the lounge
once every couple of weeks with the understanding that the other teachers
could steal the container. Gave out ornaments and such at Christmas. I
figured that was pretty good until one first grade teacher stopped to buy a
couple of ornaments from me at a fair this year and said "I want some
ornaments for my own. All I ever got of yours were bowls ...."

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message

"mac davis" wrote: (clip) IMHO, if you did that every day, your reason

for
turning bowls changes, as does the style and fun of your turning...
That is a very profound statement. Interestingly, I think the enjoyment

for
some turners goes up when they are selling, and for others it goes down

when
they feel pressured to turn and sell.