Bob Darrah

It's that Oregon sunshine! It'll do it to CA every time!

Bob Darrah
West Linn, Oregon
"Owen Lowe" wrote in message
news
In article ,
Serial # 19781010 wrote:

Are there any toxic problems with using CA glue plus using
accelerator? I want to use them on baby rattles that will be made in
two pieces and then joined.

I don't think there are toxicity problems after the stuff has cured -
but you could pull up the material safety data sheet (msds) available on
a gov't site. (Can't recall the URL, but it shouldn't be difficult to
find.)

On a second note, I'd not use CA for such a project. My experience has
been that CA is brittle and can fail fairly easily. (Just a couple weeks
ago, a turning put together with CA, which hangs from my truck's
rearview mirror, just fell apart... "snick"... one piece was still
hanging while the rest was on the floormat.) I believe I'd use standard
yellow glue for a rattle. As a matter of fact, that *is* what I use for
rattles and I've not had a failure yet - even after bashing a couple
with a wood mallet to test them. The wood broke but not the joint.