LarryK

I'm still looking on information about GARDZ. Do people think it is
worth using over new drywall? Has anyone used it?

(LarryK) wrote in message m...
"Will Niccolls" wrote in message ...
"LarryK"

What do people think? It would be great if people could list some
brand names they've used. I get confused with the number of different
brands.

I second the recommendation for USG primer. See if you can find a drywall
supply shop, they usually carry it.

On the house I recently gutted and rebuilt, I used it on the new sheetrock,
and it is better than any other I've ever used. My first coat of mid grade
Duron paint went on like butter; in one coat it covered evenly and looked
great.

Its about $35 for a 5 gallon bucket, more expensive than other primers, but
I think it was well worth it. If you use a sprayer, the recommended tip is
different than for wall paint, I think the primer is thicker and goopier....

Will Niccolls

Thanks to everyone for their responses. Keep them coming! What do
people think about Zinsser's Gardz product? They specifically mention
joint compound skim coats he

http://www.zinsser.com/product_detail.asp?ProductID=27

Would this help keep my ceiling from cracking in the future? I'm
hoping I don't get any cracking with this joint compound skim coat
over concrete.

I would like a really smooth surface, if possible, so maybe I should
use the First Coat from USG,a leveling paint (which one??), and then
my Benjamin Moore Atrium White. I want a matte finish to hide as many
imperfections as possible. I'm wondering how the leveling paint
undercoat will improve the surface?

Larry