SteveB

"TURTLE" wrote

This is Turtle.

I worked offshore about 200 miles in international waters and OSHA did
inspect
the plateforms for what you may thinks as unsafe conditions but in reality
they
are looking for for any condition that may cause the oil to be dumped into
the
Gulf of Mexico. I worked offshore for Exxon Co. U.S.A. for 10 years as a
operator and not one time was I ask anything at all about a unsafe
condition for
people or employees on the plate at all. All of the conversation that i
had with
OSHA was about what condition would cause oil to be dumped into the Gulf
and
never a word about a unsafe condition for Peoples or employees. There was
plateform named West Delta-Block 30 Plateform [ nick named "" Dirty-30
"" ] that just about burnt up and 6
employees was killed. OSHA came out for about 30 minutes and looked at
nothing
but the well heads and the cause of the oil that was dumped into the Gulf.
later ead their report about the oil in the Gulf but there was no words of
anykind about the 6 employees that was burnt up. As far as they were
concerned
the employees were just SS# numbers that had to be replaced and spoke not
a word
about their passing or about them at all.

USGS was the same way.

TURTLE

Yup. That is why I retired after only eight years. I was lucky. I had
injuries, but came home with all my fingers and toes. Safety offshore is a
joke, although it is a little better these days than in the boom years of
the seventies.

Steve