Lew Hodgett

Somebody wrote:

Thanks for all the replies. It's a 5" round. Most of my jobs are
small, but I do wish I had a belt sander sometimes like when I was
trying to strip paint off of my porch (only about 100sq.ft). I was
using 80 or 50 grit but it still wasn't working.

You are asking a boy to do a man's job.

Use a chemical paint stripper to get rid of the heavy stuff followed by some
quality time with that baby (5") ROS equipped with some 40 grit paper.

The only reason I don't suggest 24 grit is because they don't make it for a
smaller ROS.

After it's cleaned up, follow up with some 80/100 grit before painting.

Unless you are skilled with a belt sander (Read that you have experience
destroying lots of things with a belt sander), forget it.

I do a lot of sanding.

The least used sanding tool I have is a belt sander.

HTH

Lew